5.13.2011

Quilt Market 2011 {Schoolhouse}

{scroll down to the next post to see my Bloggers Quilt Festival Quilt :) }
I've known for a little while now that I'd be one of the girls sharing my Fresh Fabric Treats project at Schoolhouse at Quilt Market. I never really got too nervous until the morning of. I woke up super duper early and headed to Salt Lake City. I attended a few schoolhouses before it was time for fresh fabric treats. While sitting through the one right before ours my sister texted me and said, "uhm, there are lots of people waiting to come in, they have guards at the door :)" crap! I got soooo nervous!
All of the lovely people came in and filled the room, yes, they even had to stand there were sooo many. EEEKKKK. 
Susanne talked about Stash Books, then Lissa talked about Fresh Fabric Treats, which by the way I still can't wait to see what it actually looks like inside :)
Then the darling Sweetwater girls talked about their cute little table runner (they are as cool in real life as their fabric is).
Then me..... eeekkkk..
I chatted for just a few minutes about my quilt, "It's a picnic kind of day"
Then Vanessa & Kimberly talked and then some lucky ladies won copies of the book. I think it went pretty awesome!
L to R: Lissa, Me, lucky girl who won a copy of Fresh Fabric treats, Kimberly, Vanessa and the cute Sweetwater girls.

I spent the rest of the day attending lots and lots of schoolhouses.
We went to so many I honestly can't remember all of them but some highlights include, Moda Fabircs, Michael Miller Fabrics, Quick Little Landscape Quilts, Quilters Academy Vol. 3, Amy Butler (she rocks), Amy Ellis, Shari of Doohikey Designs, Atkinson Designs and I swear there were more... I just can't think right now :)

It was also awesome to meet a few of my quilt blogging friends from all over the place, I finally met Jamie M. I've been machine quilting for her for quite a while and got to meet her! I met Jenny & Robin and got to chat with them for quite a while. I ran into Julie and then Shelbie and then happened to sit next to Beth & Ann in a couple schoolhouses. 

I can't wait for Saturday and Sunday so I can play more at Quilt Market!

Thanks for visiting our quilting blog!
Have you checked out our patterns recently?
 For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia
{Connect with us}

youtubei

5 comments:

  1. yayyy :D

    ps - i want one of those moda country fair tshirts that lisa, carla & susan are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for you ! sounds like and absolute blast ! How close are you to SLC ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! Thanks for the insights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I know you're glad this is over...and you'll never have to do a "first" school house again - next time it'll be old hat! :-) You're a rockstar quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have been there with you :) I am sure you did great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love to hear your comments!