5.16.2010

I got to use the power tools!

We have decided that it's time to move my daughter into a big bed. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on her bed so I started looking online for cute beds. I found some decent ones but not the right one. Then I talked to a friend of mine who is having an estate sale and selling everything in her home. She mentioned that she had a set of bunk beds that she was selling for a great price including the mattresses.
 I bought them.
This is what our day started out with. I think they are a cute shape but I wanted white to match her dresser.
So, I took the power sander and Brad did the hand sanding. (haha, he let me use the power tool!)
Then we painted.
This is the new look.
I am super excited about how they turned out.
I'm Blushing  is going to be her bedspread and I am so excited I think it's going to be so cute!
I will post pictures after I make a few more accessories for her room.
Did you have a great Saturday?

Don't miss our sale @ Piece N Quilt!
For more fun updates sign up for Piece N Quilts newsletter.
Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.
~Natalia
Bookmark and Share

8 comments:

  1. It'll be darling. I love that quilt. Makes me wish I had a girl.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be uber cute! What a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I need a set like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imo, there's nothing more satisfying than putting a little work into something and making it your own. The white bed will show off that quilt beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bunk beds are going to look great Natalia, plus when she has a friend spend the night they will have a bed too! I bet she is excited about her new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bed in white with that quilt is going to be beautiful together. She is going to have a wonderful room to grow up in.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice work girlie. Please show us when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Natalia,

    A friend on our (American Quilter's Society) Facebook Fan Page listed your blog as her favorite quilting blog so we had to come for a visit. You have great projects and a lovely blog, keep up the good work- we hope to see more from you in the future!

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love to hear your comments!